Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 10; Wikis

Wikipedia is so widely used that using a wiki as a source of info (like the library blog wiki, or the book club wiki) is old hat. Editing a wiki, and become part of the source is certainly new for me. I think that although I'm a fairly adept technology user, jumping in with both feet to make or change content is still a struggle. My own blog is one thing, but I'm not comfortable naming myself the authority on a topic not on my own site. Interesting.

And our page of 23 Things on a Stick wiki notes is just ugly. Someone suggested creating linked pages, but I didn't see that anyone had done it. Or maybe it just wasn't well presented?

1 comment:

Prairie Librarian said...

Glad to see you are back, ABC. I look forward to seeing more entries from you. And perhaps a comment from you on my blog in return? I am playing catch up on 23 Things and I could use the encouragement.