Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thing 13: Productivity Tools

I love my iGoogle.

The more things I add to it, the more I use it. I started out with just G-mail and my calendar, but added a pretty background courtesy of Carrie Chau. Then I added the Google Talk gadget, Google Reader, Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger. I don't forget I have these things, and I am already signed in - totally synced! Except when I am signed out of iGoogle.

This was an easy Thing for me, since I have been using many of the features detailed here for a while. Google Calendar keeps me in line, syncing with my PDA so I know where I need to be at all times. I use a "sticky note" for my to do list. I liked the idea of Backpack, but I wouldn't pay for it. I'd add stuff to my iGoogle for free!

My only complaint is that for whatever reason, when I have first loaded iGoogle and I am about to open my Gmail, no matter where my cursor is, clicking sets my Reader to "all read." I can live with it. I never get through everything anyway.

No comments: