Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thing 14: Library Thing

I've set up an account with Library Thing in the past, and it didn't really serve the cataloging needs of the group I was working with at the time. Now, going back in as an individual and looking at Library Thing as a book recommendation and readers advisory source, I am enjoying it very much. I keep getting lost, there is so much to look at!


I started my library with everything I currently have checked out, read and unread. It was kind of a good cross section of stuff. I found most everything I had easily enough (not paying strict attention details, I chose mostly the copy with the cover art included.) The best part was finding other lists of people with similar tastes. I could work those lists over for a while.

This might be a great way to make the library known. Put recommended lists out, post the "name" of the user on the library website with a link, like "Ramsey County Fab Fiction" and see who it catches. Since it would pull up lists with similar titles, it would be an ever expanding resource.

Hmm. I like that. But we need a Facebook account, first.

No comments: