Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thing 21: Other Social Networks

Gather - kind of a waste of time. I couldn't figure out what I could get out of joining that I couldn't get from the other networks. I felt the same way about most things - until I could make a personal connection, or needed to find something.

I wasn't thrilled about Ning, but I loved that Ramsey County Library had a group on the 23 Things on a Stick Ning! And it made all the difference in my excitement about joining. I even posted a picture, which is mostly hair and hat.

Again, it comes down to desire and purpose, and each of the things we discover and experiment with are only as good as what we get out of them. Friends, commiseration, humor, these are the things that keep us returning, I think. And that they are easy to use!!

No comments: