Friday, March 13, 2009

Thing 26: Ning

I joined the Ning in Round One, and dutifully updated and fooled around for Round Two as well. Now I have run into the age old question of technology use: What is there to make me go back, sign in, and look at this thing again?

I began this post two weeks ago, and I (without actually trying to avoid anything) haven't been back. The Ning might be a good tool for a multi-library task force, or the beginning stages of planning for a conference. It would be a great way to ask a whole bunch of librarians something, but you would have to have their commitment to actually checking in on a regular basis.

I meant to check back in, and there are several people I dearly love to chat with on the Ning, but I already have avenues for that. Again the question is "What makes this thing better than other things that I should devote my already dwindling time to it?"

All that said? I love that it shows all our faces. I think of it as "Librarian Face Collage."

No comments: