Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thing 25: Bloggers' Toolkit

Although I am a big fan of fun and exciting extras on blogs, I think they need purpose. Most of Thing 25 was instructive and informative, but not necessary.

I am toying with the right idea for a poll. I played around with a number of different options, including commenting, counters and other gadgets, but none of them seemed to add to the blog, and most of them made my already full page very cluttered. (Some of them made me feel downright unpopular.)

But a poll, that might work out, if I can come up with a good idea.

I did enjoy the usability tips, and I now feel like a have a bigger arsenal with which to blog. Now I just need an extra couple of days in my week.

1 comment:

Lydia Schultz said...

I feel the same way. I want to pull a bunch of things off of the blog, and probably will as soon as I am done with the class. I mean, who cares how many people are following me on Twitter? Many of these tweaks are temporarily fun, but long term are clutter.